OCR Web Service Connection
Get 25 free pages a day
Create an OcrWebService account
Enter your username, email, and password in the following text boxes, then enter the Captcha code and check the box next to I agree to our service.
After successful registration, the service will suggest going to the authorization page. Click the Go to Login page link.
You will be taken to the main page of the service, which will contain your Username and License Code. These two values should be copied and pasted to ScanPapyrus.
Connecting an OCR Web Service account to ScanPapyrus
Now you can connect your account to ScanPapyrus and use text recognition. Go to the Recognition tab and click the Service Settings button.
Select the OCR Web Service tab in the opening window and enter your accounts’ parameters. Copy Username and License code from the service page and paste it into corresponding fields.
Text Recognition using OCR Web Service
Now you can send documents for recognition to the cloud-based OCR Web Service. Click Recognize Online in the Recognition tab.
In the Recognition Options window, you can specify document language, or several languages, if a document contains more than one language (for example, German and English).
Here you can select an output format of the document. There are a few options available:
- Word (*.doc/*.docx) – the document will be saved as Microsoft Word .doc or .docx file. The original documents' formatting will be preserved, and the images will be inserted into the document as in the original one.
- Excel (*.xls/*.xlsx) – if the original scanned document is a table, then you can save it as a spreadsheet document in Microsoft Excel format.
- PDF – the document will be saved in PDF format. Text of the original document will be preserved as text in PDF, so you can copy it or search in the document. The images will be inserted into the document as in the original one. The original documents' formatting will also be preserved.
- Rich Text – a document in RTF text format, which is simpler than Microsoft Word format.
- Plain Text – plain text document that can't store images. Document formatting will be lost.
After selecting the file format, click the Recognize button. The program will send your document to the recognition cloud service. Once the process is finished, the recognized document will be downloaded and the window for viewing the recognition status will open.
Click the Save As… button in the File column to save the document to your folder.
Your Data Security
OCRWebService.com will endeavor to restrict access to the data and files you store or retrieve from your Account to persons accessing such data and files through the use of your Account or Password. However, no password-protected system of data storage and retrieval can be made entirely impenetrable. Accordingly, you herewith acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify and distribute the data and files you store in your Account.
By default, all documents and images get deleted automatically after the recognition process is complete.
You can find more specific information here Content of Stored Data and Files.
ScanPapyrus neither sends nor stores your data on third-party servers. Your application password is stored on your computer in encrypted form.