Getting started with ScanPapyrus
ScanPapyrus is an application that is intended to automate the scanning of documents and books.
- Batch scanning using the countdown timer
- Document, book, or photo scanning in batch mode using a timer
- Automatic page cropping to remove unnecessary margins
- Automatic adjustment of page contrast and brightness
- Automatic splitting of a pair of facing pages into two single pages
- Automatic page sorting by page number
- Exporting of scanned pages to PDF, DjVu, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, or PNG
- Creating of multi-page TIFF files
- Editing of scanned pages
- Batch operations on scanned pages
- Importing of pages from PDF, DjVu, or image files
For ScanPapyrus to operate correctly, a driver for your scanner must be installed in the system. Usually the driver is included in the scanner’s delivery package. You can also download the driver from the scanner’s vendor’s website. You can find some links to drivers on our website: Links to drivers.
ScanPapyrus has been checked for compatibility with the scanners and multifunction devices of the following vendors:
- Samsung (SCX and CLX series)
- Brother (DCP and MFC series)
- Epson (L, M, Perfection, NX, CX, DX, BX, and TX series)
- Canon/CanoScan (LiDE, MP, MF, MG, D646U, N1220U, 4200F, P-150, E400, DR-3010C, and iR1133 series)
- Hewlett-Packard (LaserJet, Deskjet, Scanjet, Officejet, and Photosmart series)
- Xerox (Phaser and WorkCentre series)
- Mustek (BearPaw series)
- Ricoh Aficio
The application is compatible with Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, and 10 (x86/x64).